Sunday, May 11, 2008

Obama Lies On Social Secutiry

This is just my 2 cents but I'm curious why Obama says that "people like myself (Obama) are paying a little bit more".

As a member of the legislative branch of our goverment (Senators and members of the House of Representatives) they do not pay anything into the Social Security trust fund. Not a single penny of their salary is subject to the social security tax. They have a completely separate retirement fund that is 100 percent funded by the taxpayers (that would be people like you and me) and the cost to them is nothing.

How dare he use himself as an example of someone who would be willing to contribute more of his salary to Social Security because despite a six digit income, these people contribute zip. It's very easy for them to take action on raising this tax because its a tax that they don't pay so raising it doesn't affect their bottom line at all. It only affects us taxpayers but then again when did any of these elected officials really care about us (I mean really care in us, not just pander to get our vote).

Don't you find it interesting that we are all forced to pay into a fund that none of the Governement employees use?

I don't know about you, but I can't afford one more cent of taxes, period!